01 August 2006

I got a job!

I don't know if anyone still looks in on this blog at any time...I hope you do, there are some nice pics! Just wanted to let everyone know I got a job! I start on the 7th of August working with long term unemployed and help them in to education and to work with Langside College in Glasgow. It is not my 'perfect' job but it is good for the experience and I feel like it will help me back in to the world of work. I also hope to be doing some evening work either with homeless or young offenders, its all good experience and extra money which I really need!

I was looking at my advice to the budding travellers and I forgot to mention -

VISAS
If you are thinking of asking a tour operator to organise your visa...well don't. The best way to do it is to look it up in the phone book or internet and find the nearest consulate. Get an application form and all you then need to do is fill it out near the time you are leaving (as some visas start on the date they are given) get a couple of passport photos, payment, passport, a self-addressed recorded delivery envelope and post all of that to the nearest consulate in a recorded delivery envelope. It will cost you about double to do this by travel agents, it takes longer and you do the exact same thing...only it takes longer.

I hear this is also a good website = www.knowbeforeyougo.com

Oh yeah and if you are going somewhere like Australia or New Zealand or even Europe you will find they have loads and loads of Lonely Planets and Rough Guides in their 'Book Exchanges', people tend to leave them as they travel home as they can be so heavy. I got my New Zealand Lonely Planet for a plate of chips! So don't be spending more money than you really need to! I also got a loan of loads of things from other people like adaptors and chargers for my mobile. If you don't have it...don't worry someone else is out there carrying it for you!

Thats me.

Have fun.

Sylv x

1 Comments:

At Monday, 18 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! so proud about you thinking ab you.. how are doing?
Al

 

Post a Comment

<< Home